On September 1st 2013 the first NovoPulp deadline will be over and submissions will be prepared for publication at the end of the year. Looking back at the last post dedicated to NovoPulp on Hermit Studio Press, NovoPulp Has Moved To Google+ for 2013, I can see it was published back in January 2013. A lot has happened since then and with the 2013 edition deadline looming I thought it would be nice to do a little round up of what we have achieved so far:
- We created a public Google+ Community for those who want to learn more and support the project, even if you can’t get involved directly.
- We created a private Google+ Community for NovoPulp HQ members to share ideas, give status updates and pool resources.
- We created the foundation for the NovoPulp Website for handling submissions and providing information on the project. We have updated this through-out the year with new features and pages such as We Need You, Showcase and Spread the Word. (This is only a humble beginning, we have big plans for the future.)
- We have created a Fundrazr for donations to support our Google+ indie authors and artists, as well as to help cover the first-time costs of getting the NovoPulp project up-and-running.
- At the time of writing we have received 10 stories and, after editing, the current word count totals 33,130.
- We have also received 3 art/photography submissions to be included.
- Finally we have just created a NovoPulp mailing list for anyone who wants to get updates on the anthology production and release.
If you want to get involved for the 2013 edition you only have one month left to submit your work. You can of course submit after this deadline, but it will be considered for the 2014 edition instead. If you can’t wait until the 2013 edition is out then remember to subscribe to the NovoPulp mailing list and we will keep you up-to-date with all things NovoPulp.